Saturday, December 20, 2008

definitely maybe

In the autorickshaw (on our way back from Mavericks) this morning, I seriously asked my friend about how to manage my account balance which seems discouraging lately. He gave good advice which I definitely will follow.

What triggers me to ask him is for the fact that starting from 2010, all doctors graduating from oversea will have to undergo a special examination before they're able to start their intership in the government hospital; regardless of where he/she graduated from and regardless who sponsored them. Even JPA/MARA sponsored students have to sit for the exam. For the time being, this special exam is for those who graduated from unrecognized universities. The exam is technically made to fail the newly grad doctors. This is said by few doctors who advice me to be careful. You need to be extra good in your subjects to pass all those misleading options in the exam paper. And mind you, I will graduate in 2012 and definitely a candidate for the exam. If I fail in the exam, I have to go for special training at the local hospital/university for 6 months and I won't get the doctor's salary, just rm500 monthly allowance. Then, after 6 month, I have to re-sit the exam. For that period, I will be penniless (if I keep on wasting my money for unnecessary things). How can I survive with that, though failure should not be in mind but we need to think for the worst.

Other than that, apparently in government hospital the nurses earn as much as doctors do. I am not joking!. If you're a nurse with a degree, you will be starting with the U41 grade (the same as newly grad doctors). So, in short; my salary is as much as a nurse salary (but actually, the nurse earns more). Nurses' critical allowance is 5% more than the doctors' critical allowance. If you want to earn good money in government sector, choosing medical profession isn't the best choice. And mind you, I compulsarily need to serve for 3 years in government hospital (as stated in the agreement with MARA). I am surely a poor intern in my initial carrier. It will be a gruelling start for everyone (including me), but surely it'll pass by. For money alone, don't be a doctor but I definitely don't want to be monetary dependance on my family. Obviously I'll avoid asking my parents to support me financially.

I need to start working really hard in my studies
and have a good saving.


mahu jadi army doctor seperti dia.

No comments:

Post a Comment