Sunday, December 14, 2008

my Sunday

I realized that I have a soft spot towards people's kindness. My mood changes upon receiving others' thoughts which indicates their concern. Be it a bouquet of flowers from a good friend of mine, a friendship card from anonymous, a wake-up call from mrGM or just a quick hi from a friend through YM. Even a humble thank you from Kubera delivery boy can lighten my day. I am an emotional plain Jane who get distracted easily with rudeness and never failed to notice kindness. So people, if you accidentally (or intentionally) hurt my feeling, a sincere sorry will mend my shattered trust towards you. I don't need a fancy apology card. I am quite disturbed this evening but upon receiving Farid's parcel of food after Isya' really cheer me up. I am touched by his thought.


Tok Rafeah with kaklong Suhana (ayahlong's daughter).

This evening (while messaging via yahoomessenger), my kaklong told me about my tok(s). Both my paternal and maternal tok are not in their good health. This morning, ayah received a call from Yan informing Tok Rafeah has got stroke attack,paralyzing her lower limbs. Ayah and ibu rushed boarding the ferry, in fear of something bad could occur. Alhamdulillah, Tok Rafeah is still able to manage herself and I am assured on hearing her cheerful voice when I called her just now. It's a relief. Adik Murni informed me the family doctor has visited our house after Maghrib to see Tok Chah. He cleaned the ulcer on her buttock and gave creams. Tok Chah is bedridden since a year back. She is too old to walk, with fragile joints and limbs it becomes so painful to even lift up her legs. Years back, I used to get her on the wheelchair and strolled her around the house for fresh air. Now, she is confined to her bed, rejecting kaklong's intention of doing the same. Adik Murni said the ulcer was quite big and she knew tok cried silently in her heart though she seemed emotionless when the doctor applied the creams. She is a strong woman. The same woman who taught me about good things in life, the same woman who fed me with her hand, the same woman who never failed to recall her Ni-hon days while braiding my ponytails and the same woman who reminded me about the beauty of An-Nisa. The same woman is now very weak, waiting for the God's call at the brim of her life. I wanted to be near my dear ones but ayah said I better focused on my coming exam, rather than going back home to see them. He will take care of all that.


All seemed well pleased; all seemed, but were not all. I knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment